Saturday, March 21, 2009

Major League Buzz!


Hey friends it's humble Oz here at your service once again for a sports edition of The Oz Files. Today's topic up for discussion today is the 2009 MLB season is only two weeks away and what do I look forward to and any predictions on any teams or players this season? I must tell ya MLB is one of my great passions so this is going to be a heck of a discussion. Leading things off I do look forward to the grueling 162 game season and look forward to see how the Seattle Mariners can bounce back from a 101 loss season a year ago. I know the mariners are not going to be contending for the AL west or even a wild card birth so I am looking forward of watching the kid Ken Griffey Jr back in the emerald city! It doesn't matter if the M's win or lose it's all about Ichiro and JR! When your a fan of northwest baseball that is the great Seattle Mariners you gotta love the sodo mojo and Hall Of Fame Broadcaster Davie Niehouse my oh my get out the rye bread and mustard grandma it's grand salami time MY OH MY! I'm also a big fan of the Arizona Diamondbacks but I won't go into what happened to them last year just blowing the NL west in the second half of the season! Now it's time for some predictions these could come back to haunt me but I'll just go with the basic stuff and then throw in a couple curve balls for ya no pun intended. In the American Leauge West I will pick the Los Angeles of Anaheim. I will take the Boston Red Sox to win the American League East. In the central I'll take the Indians. The wild card pick this year will be the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. In the National League west I'll take my Arizona Diamondbacks I got a good feeling about this one! In the east I'm gonna go with the Mets don't let me down you have so much talent but haven't lived up to the potential. In the central I'll take the Chicago Cubs yes I said it the Chicago Cubs will win the NL central. As for the NL wild card I think I'll roll the dice with the Atlanta Braves we will see what kind of team they have this year with losing John Smoltz huge loss. The AL cy young award winner would go to Eric Bedard of the Mariners if they did not look at recpords but they do so I'll have to go with C.C Sabathia with his first year in the Yankee pinstripes. My NL cy young winner is going to be Jake Peavy in a contract year and the guys so good to beging with and was on the trading block and he may want to prove something to the padres. The AL MVP will not go to AROD because well he's out for 9 weeks with an injury so I'll have to go with Vladamir Guerrerro from the LAA I think it's the angels year and I think it's his time to get the props! In the NL I'd like to go with Albert Pujols the guy is just a man wow go Albert! I won't go into the gold gloves and that sort of thing But I will make an early world series prediciton for ya. The American League representative will be the Los Angels Of Anaheim and in the National League I'm going with the Chicago Cubs. So in the world series I got the angels and the cubs facing off and I'll say Angels in 7. It's bold it's beautiful it's March and we will see how these predictions go down. I would like to close with a couple of my own predicitons. I'm gonna say Ichiro Suzuki is gonna hit another 200 plus hits this season the guy is amazing and I just love watching him run and hit and making amazing plays in the outfield I could go on and on but I might be druelling! I predict that Lou Pinella will be ejected from 10 games this year I'll take the over! I predict the Mariners will still suck next year but I'll be watching them anyways! Finally I predict Barry Bonds will be headed to the slammer with his pending trial on purgery and all about his steroid use say Hi to Bubba with the cute pink dress and don't drop the soap buddy! Well I hope you had fun with this one I sure did and what are your thoughts on the upcoming MLB season? Well until next time may the Oz always be with you so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment