Sunday, May 3, 2009

Little Ole Gonzaga!


Hey friends it's Oz here for a local edition of The Oz Files. Leah has decided to clean tonight but ha anyways it's all good in the hood sons and daughters of the land of Oz. Um Leah says that tonight's blog is local sports: What is my favorite team and sport to watch that is local? This can include any minor league sports teams or local college teams. Also where do I watch the games of the team of my choosing? Well friends this will be a fun one to write about. There are a few teams here in town that are worthy choices. You got the Spokane Chiefs your local favorite Western Hockey League team. First of all they are always very good and you will never leave a game disappointed with the fights! The Spokane Chiefs won the Memorial Cup last year meaning that they were the best junior hockey team in North America. For the football lovers out there we have the Spokane Shock. The A2 football team who are so amazing playing football arena style! You got a smaller field and you got boards you can push people into it and it's quite electric just went to the game last night solid win. The games are high scoring and whoever has the ball at the end of the game will most likely win! The Shock are pretty new to Spokane only been here for like 3 years or maybe it's 4 but it's pretty new and pretty damn successful. In the summer time you have one of my favorites the Spokane Indians oh yes I won't go into the whole scam but yes the Spokane Indians are my favorite minor league team to watch but aren't' the top choice! Going to a Spokane Indians baseball game there is nothing like it. Families comes to Avisita Stadium to take in the great atmosphere and take in the awesomeness that is Indians baseball. The Spokane Indians are traditionally really really solid every year! It's time to make the big reveal who is Oz's favorite local team? People who know me will not be shocked when I say it's none other than those GONZAGA BULLDOGS! Yes, My favorite local team without a doubt is the Men's College Basketball team. I've been a fan since 1997 so yes I've been a fan before people jumped on the wagon. I remember the days of Dennis Patchin on the call for the games on the radio. His famous line was ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Wow Patching love it so epic. People who don't' like Gonzaga they really have some serious issues that will have to require counseling so that they can get back to what's real and that's amazing basketball. Little Spokane Washington produces a premier program that is very very mind blowing. Gonzaga is not afraid to play anybody they play on there floor they play on neutral courts but the big schools won't play on the Zags turfs they gotta play at the Spokane Arena. I guess they are chicken and they don't' have any balls! Well anyways where do I watch the games that would be oh yes on TV. Getting into a GU game is like finding a needle in a haystack good luck with that. If your John Stockton then I guess you get to go to all the games. Tom Hudson and Richard Fox radio voices of the Zags amazing team. Greg Heister and Craig Ehlo TV voices of the Zags make me sick they are so terrible. How are you still working for the Zags you bums! I will answer this my favorite local sports team is Gonzaga but my favorite sport to watch is baseball! So to sum this up my favorite minor league team is the Spokane Indians and my favorite college team is by far the GU ZAGS! Well what are your thoughts on this amazing topic? Well until next time may the Oz always be with you so long!

2 comments:

  1. I must say, I was not surprised at your answer to this one.
    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha Oh Really I never fool you now do I?

    ReplyDelete