Monday, March 9, 2009

The TV show debate rolls on!


Hey friends it's Oz here for another edition of The Oz Files! Today's topic is going to be what is my favorite TV show and why is it so amazing? Well to begin I own let me count them 8 complete series on DVD wow that's quite the collection. I love the old time TV shows I am not really a fan of any modern shows accept for Survivor and American Idol and of course Sportscenter! For starters there was the classic Threes Company with John Ritter, Suzanne Summers, Joyce Dewitt, Jenilee Harrison and Priscilla Barnes just to name a few. Threes Company was about two girls and a guy sharing an apartment together and in order for the guy to stay he had to pretend he was gay and this turnned about for some high quality laughs and oh my goodness won of my all time favorites this is definitely at the top of my list! We now move our focus from a comedy to a rather serious drama show which aired in the 1980's and ran through the early 1990's. It was none other than the Wonder Years oh what memories! This show dealt with real issues that every day families went through which I thought it was pretty neato! Fred Savage played little Kevin Arnold and he was so good at what he did and you know that's how he rolled! the supporting cast was tremendous with Jason Harvey playing Wayne Arnold the older bratty brother of Kevin Arnold. The parents Dan Lauria and Alley Mills very strong indeed! The sister Olivia D'Abo played this hippy free spirit she was a riot and there were others but the character that pulled that show together was the voice of big Kevin Daniel Stern wow what a great job. I would be remiss if I did not mention the stunning Danica Mckellar who played Winnie Cooper meow! This show definitely deserves a lot o praise. Another show I really adore is Growing Pains! The show about a family with a pshycologist father Jason Seaver and mother Maggy Seaver a journalist and then the three kids Mike Carol and Ben Seaver. This show was off the charts funny maybe a little too corny for some but I really enjoyed it! Mike Seaver always getting into trouble and he was always oh so devious you never knew what was coming next. I could go on and on about this great show but I won't you gotta see it to believe it son! This was definitely a hard decision if I had it my way these shows would be a tie for my all time favorite along with Happy Days but I can only pick one show. In my opinion the best TV show ever assembled has to be The Cosby Show! This show oh my goodness Billy Cosby Halarious then you got Phylicica Rashad, Malcom Jamal Warner, Keisha Knight Pulliam, Tempestt Bledsoe, Lisa Bonet and Raven Symone and so many more. This show is so good because of course you got Billy Cosby with his wacky stories that make you laugh so hard you turn red and pass out so call the doctor if it's an emergency! The kids in the show were sooo good I mean they always got in trouble and they way they got in trouble was so classic. The mom and dad always found a funny way to punish them. It was also fun to see the kids grow up over the years I was Rudy's age when the show came out so it was fun to watch every episode I just love this show as much as Bill Cosby loves the J-E-L-L-O! On a side note HUUUUUGE fan of Different Strokes as well Whatchya talking about Willis? What is your all time favorite show and what makes it so amazing? Well until next time may the Oz always be with you so long!

2 comments:

  1. I sooo called that one didnt I?!

    I do love the cosby show, but my heart is true to M*A*S*H!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. mash is good if you like war and i dont mash was pretty good but not all that

    ReplyDelete