Saturday, February 7, 2009

Clumsiness is it in you?


Hey Friends it's Oz again and today's topic up for discussion is clumsiness and injuries that could happen when things go wrong. Clumsiness is defined as a lack of dexterity, nimbleness or grace from the Websters dictionary. I myself have had my own compilation of spills and thrills. Take the simple activity as walking with one foot in front of the other for Oz that is quite some task. In some cases I have had the misfortune to fall into things such as podiums, walls, file cabinets, doors, pillars and even air believe it or not it is humanly possible. I can recall another time when i was playing ping pong and I was playing doubles and I stepped on my partners foot and you may ask "what happened?" glad you asked what happened is a really really bad ankle sprain good news for me is that i have sprained both ankles at least ten times a piece. My junior year in high school in pre game warm ups I was hit in the face with a basketball and I was laid out on my back I battled the elements and was able to deliver the water like there was like no yesterday. What irritates me is when you bite your lip and you bleed and when you eat salty fries it burns like hell. Leah likes to vacuum her floor and somehow managed to gain two cuts near her BIG toe ouch what a warrior! If you get hit by a semi truck I don't think your going to get up from that it is highly likely your going to be going to the cemetery so don't get hit by a semi. I will recall a freak sports injury at the major league level. In 1990 rookie Glen Allenhill for the Toronto Bluejays had a bad dream about spiders and was sleep walking in his hotel and it did not help that he has the fear of eight legged creates and he walked up the stairs up in his apartments and scraped his knees and elbows on the carpet when he woke up he was on a couch and his wife woke up screaming he was a bloody mess and he required crutches in essence missing the game vs the Seattle Mariners. Sammy Sosa hurt his back by sneezing wow what a tragic way to go on the DL. With all these examples I'd like to make a couple closing comments. Oz wants to know what are some painful memories that happened to you did it require surgery and I would also like to know what is the weirdest injury you have ever heard of ? Until next time may the Oz always be with you!

2 comments:

  1. My weirdest injury? Probably when I sprained my knee and leg by falling up the stairs. That one hurt!

    ~Leah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes leah falling up the stairs is a tough one and you managed to do it I give you props

    ReplyDelete